Providing Care and Dignity When You Need It Most
The team of hospice professionals at Reliable Hospice are committed to providing you and your loved one unsurpassed care and dignity in their time of need. True to our name, you can depend on Reliable Hospice to be there for you and your family, managing symptoms of the illness and offering hope of being comfortable while maximizing independence and quality of life. Providing families with full medical, emotional and spiritual support, Reliable is always here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our services include:
Medical Director / Physicians
Leading the interdisciplinary team in the development and care of our patients, our physicians provide ongoing consultation with the attending doctor to ensure individual symptom control and pain management.
Registered Nurses (RNs) / Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs)
Experienced, supportive RNs and LVNs are there to assess patient and ensure symptom control and pain management. Reliable’s nursing staff also provide vital education to caregivers and families as needed regarding the care and comfort of their loved ones.
Certified Home Health Aides (CHHAs)
You won’t find anyone more caring than our team of CHHAs. Providing direct personal hygiene care (including bathing, dressing and grooming) as well as help with linen changes and comfort measures to our patients, your loved one is always treated like one of their family.
Social Services (Psychosocial Support)
Our team of social works are dedicated to providing emotional support to our patients and families and providing them with the financial and community resources that they need in facing end-of-life challenges. Our staff assists families with:
- Assessing patient and family’s emotional, social and financial needs
- Providing direct counseling and family support to deal with issues of grief and loss
- Education on patient disease progression
- Assisting with the application for In Home Support Services (IHSS) through Medi-Cal services
- Helping with residential facility placement and coordination to fit their financial, physical and emotional needs
- Assisting with end-of-life arrangements
- Help with Advanced Directives
- Caregiver Support
- Help with Medi-Cal application
- Support navigating Veteran’s benefits
- Referring patients and families to appropriate community agencies for additional support services
For a list of additional services that can help you and your family, visit our Resources page.
Reliable Hospice believes feeding the soul is just as important as supporting the body, that’s why we take special care to provide spiritual support at his difficult time. Our on-staff chaplain is available to provide spiritual guidance, helping patients and their family work through the emotional experiences related to dealing with a terminal disease.
We embrace the opportunity to face and work through emotions and grief in an atmosphere of support, care and good medical treatment so that most of the work of reacting to death can begin by the time death actual occurs. Our pastor can:
- Assess patient and family spiritual needs
- Assist with memorial preparations
- Provide direct counseling
- Coordinate spiritual services with community clergy members
Should you have any additional questions regarding Reliable Hospice’s spiritual support services, please contact us at (844) 395-4694.
Grief can be painful and frightening for the families of terminally ill patients. When you suffer the loss of a loved one, making life decisions can be difficult and overwhelming, making normal coping processes disable or shut down. Reliable Hospice offers a full bereavement program which supports families through the emotional rollercoaster following the death of their loved one.
Our hospice volunteer program is continually growing and our volunteer’s commitment and enthusiasm is a big reason why. We are currently working on several exciting programs that makes a huge impact in the lives of our patients and their families. Our trained volunteers provide much needed companionship and support through a variety of services for patients, families and caregivers. Non-medical services that our volunteers provide include:
- Patient visits
- Veteran pinning ceremonies
- Birthday club celebrations
- Life Review program
- Pet Therapy visits
- Light housekeeping and landscape help
- Patient or caregiver errands
To learn more about our volunteer program or to inquire about volunteering, please contact Laurie Nalezny, Volunteer Coordinator at 844-395-4694 with any questions. We would love for you to join our Reliable team!